ART & DESIGN
A high quality art and design education should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design.
At Northern Parade our art and design curriculum aims to:
- Produce creative work
- Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using correct terminology
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers
Music is a universal language that embodies one of the highest forms of creativity.
A high quality music education should engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
At Northern Parade we ensure that all pupils:
- Perform, listen to, review and evaluate music.
- Learn to sing and to use their voices, to create and compose music.
- Understand and explore how music is created.
The Infant School are part of the Portsmouth Music Hub partnership and participate in various events and activities throughout the Academic Year. Visit the Music Hub website and facebook page for local music news and updates on local events.
At Northern Parade we are lucky enough to have our own Steel Band! Click on Pan Parade in the side bar to find out more!