Occasionally, we may take photographs or produce videos for business purposes that include our
Pupils. We may use these images in our marketing or in other printed publications that we produce,
as well as on our website, on our social media or on project display boards. We may also make
video or webcam recordings for school-to-school conferences, monitoring or other educational
From time to time, our school may be visited by the media who will take photographs or film
footage of a visiting dignitary or other high profile event. Pupils will often appear in these images,
which may appear in local or national newspapers, or on televised news programmes.
To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation of 2018, we need your permission before
we can photograph or make any recordings of your child for promotional purposes.
The information you provide (address, contact numbers) will be securely stored and processed
within the European Economic Area (EEA) and not be used for any other purpose than confirming
your permission to use the material.
This form is valid for the duration of your child's time at Northern Parade Schools.
Please read and accept
Conditions of use
2. We will not re-use any photographs or recordings after your child leaves this school.
3. We will not use the personal details or full names (which means first name and surname) of
any child or adult in a photographic image on video, on our website, in our school
prospectus or in any of our other printed publications without good reason. For example, we
may include the full name of a pupil in a newsletter to parents if the pupil has won an award.
4. If we name a pupil in the text, we will not use a photograph of that child to accompany the
article without good reason. (See point 3 above.)
5. We will not include personal e-mail or postal addresses, or telephone or fax numbers on
video, on our website, in our school prospectus or in other printed publications.
6. We may include pictures of pupils and teachers that have been drawn by the pupils.
7. We may use group or class photographs or footage with very general labels, such as ‘a
science lesson’ or ‘making Christmas decorations’.
8. We will only use images of pupils who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of such
images being used inappropriately.
9. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time in writing or by re-submission of this form.
10. Images and videos will only be stored within the EEA in order to conform to the GDPR of
11. If we wish to retain any images or video for the schools historical archives, we will sought
written permission from a child’s parents with full and transparent reasons to support the
12. After a cohort leaves the school we will archive students work for a period of one year. This
will securely be stored and hidden from open view on the school network. Parents of
students can request evidence of a child’s work for up to one year after that child’s cohort
has left the school by submitting a Subject Access Request (SAR) via the school office.
After the archive year has passed students data will be completely removed from the school
network and become unrecoverable.
Please note that the press have some exemptions from data protection legislation and may want
to include the names and personal details of children and adults in the media.