Foreign Language Learning Promises...
Why have we chosen to learn Spanish?
It is the third most spoken language in the world.
Spanish is considered one of the easiest languages for a native English speaker to learn.
How do we teach Spanish?
- We include all elements of language learning in our lessons. This includes speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar.
- We use our topics to engage our learners in our language learning.
- We start lessons with lots of vocabulary warm ups.
- We revisit our language lessons throughout the week for example in our registers.
- We make links between our language learning and our other lessons.
- We use the learning intention labels to help provide scaffolding, evidence and peer assessment to our language learning.
- We use the school long term plan to ensure progression across the year groups.
- We use Language Angels to help provide lots of fun games and interesting, accurate resources.
How can I help my child further with their Spanish learning?
Talk about what they have been learning- ask them to teach you!
Try watching some of the videos or playing the games on the BBC Bitesize website.